Finance Assistant (CET or up to CET+2) (Full-time)
JayWay Travel is a well-established and rapidly growing travel company specializing in creating fully customized experiences for our clients travelling throughout Europe. Our company has been arranging unique travel experiences since 2006, and we have been named in publications such as Travel+Leisure, the New York Times, USA Today and National Geographic.
About the Role
We are looking for a Finance Assistant who will support the activities of the Finance Department and help with the administration of finances.
We expect you to be familiar with basic accounting, invoicing and credit card reconciliation. Experience in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable, would be an advantage. Besides, it is required to have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual who thrives working remotely with cross-functional teams to achieve set goals and objectives.
- Monitor and record the company's daily transactions
- Manage hotel invoices and bank statements reconciliation
- Add and update financial data in our internal systems
- Track advance payments and reconcile with the invoices for completed services
- Take part in checking and processing expenses (including Credit Cards, Employee Expenses etc.)
- Assistance in managing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Assistance in tracking bank deposits and client payments
- Assistance with other tasks, as required
Preferred requirements and skills
- At least 1-year experience of working in finances or other similar position
- High-level spoken and written English
- Excellent organizational & administrative skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and time management
- Previous experience with financial and accounting procedures
- Advanced user of MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Practical experience with financial software (Xero) would be an advantage
- Strong analytical, numerical and time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Competitive pay
- Health & Wellness Allowance after completion of the probationary period
- Fully remote-work position
- Company MacBook provided
- Travel opportunities
- Performance bonuses
Please answer the following questions in the form of a cover letter:
- What skills do you have that would make you the best fit for the position?
- Could you share some of your proudest achievements, professionally or otherwise?
- What was your worst (financial) mistake, and what was the outcome?
- What about JayWay Travel interests you in joining our team?
If interested in the position, please send your CV ASAP and a cover letter as per instructions.
We are very excited to hear from you!