Spain Destination Developer (Spain, Madrid) (Full-time role)
JayWay Travel is a well-established and rapidly growing travel company specialising in creating fully customised experiences for our clients travelling throughout Europe. Our company has been arranging unique travel experiences since 2006, and we have been named in publications such as Travel+Leisure, the New York Times, USA Today and National Geographic.
About the Role
The Spain Destination Developer role will require a customer service-oriented individual who is well organised, has solid project management and product development skills and is proactive in their processes.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual who thrives working remotely with cross-functional teams to achieve set goals and objectives.
- Identifies products, services and attractions for development, enhancement and inclusion in JayWay Travel Offerings.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of a Spain Supply Database on the destination’s inventory of accommodation, products, services and personnel, including visitor demographics, perceptions, patterns, behaviours and satisfaction ratings
- Creates a Master Destination Development Management Plan for the ongoing strengthening and monitoring of all stakeholders in the Supply Database.
- Engages key stakeholders in government agencies, the private sector, tourism, travel and hospitality organizations, communities and NGOs in the planning and development of unique, sustainable and competitive tourism attractions, products and services utilizing JayWay Travel resources, including climate, heritage, ecology, traditions, architecture and food.
- Creates and monitors a System of Standards and Measurements for determining excellence and assessing gaps for each attraction, product and service.
- Coordinates with other Managers to facilitate the growth of local tourism and niche tourism markets through education and awareness programmes.
- Provides technical support to local teams on relevant projects, including travel and tourism groups, hotels, and restaurants.
- Builds, oversees and maintains a tourism value chain, including all tourism-related entities necessary to build and sustain the local tourism industry.
- Keeps informed of local, regional and international market trends and critical tourism indicators.
- Works with key stakeholders to build and maintain competitive and high-standard offerings.
- Oversees the Regional budget.
Preferred requirements and skills
- High-level spoken and written English
- Senior Management experience with at least five (5) years in the Tourism, Travel or related industries
- Start date June/July'23
- Must be based in Madrid and or Barcelona
- Proven experience in Product Development
- Ability to influence at the executive level and across the broader organization
- Ability to work directly with a variety of roles and stakeholders
- Outstanding planning, organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Project Management Skills
- Dynamic, creative, innovative
- Competitive pay
- Fully remote-work position
- Company MacBook and iPhone provided
- Travel opportunities
- Training in Europe
- Performance bonuses
Please answer the following questions in the form of a cover letter:
- What skills do you have that would make you the best fit for the position?
- Could you share some of your proudest achievements, professionally or otherwise?
- What about JayWay Travel interests you in joining our team?
If interested in the position, please send your CV ASAP and a cover letter as per instructions.
We are very excited to hear from you!